Born: March 31, 1924
Died: June 12, 1998 (aged 74)
Occupation: Motivational speaker, writer, professor
Awesome quotes by famous author and motivational speaker Leo Buscaglia (also known as “Dr. Love”), he is also a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California.
Leo Buscaglia Quotes:
- Change is the end result of all true learning.
- Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.
- A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.
- Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.
- If I don’t have wisdom, I can teach you only ignorance.
- Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.
- Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.
- Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations.
- What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.
- Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.
- Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lies man’s only promise.
- Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized.
- We are no longer puppets being manipulated by outside powerful forces: we become the powerful force ourselves.
- Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.
- Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.
- Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.
- I’ve always thought that people need to feel good about themselves and I see my role as offering support to them, to provide some light along the way.
- I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things… I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.
- If we wish to free ourselves from enslavement, we must choose freedom and the responsibility this entails.
- What love we’ve given, we’ll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.
- I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate – it’s apathy. It’s not giving a damn.
- Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself.