Apple has made some rather big changes to iPhone 7. Lack of a headphone jack aside, the new iPhone 7 comes with a force sensitive home button that uses Apple’s own “taptic engine”.
- HOW TO MANAGE STARTUP PROGRAMS ON WINDOWS
Seeing as the home button for the iPhone 7 is software based, iOS will be able to detect if the home button malfunctions. Should it malfunction, a dialog box will open automatically, informing the user that the home button on their phone may require servicing.
Besides the warning, iOS will also load an alternative onscreen home button for temporary use, allowing the user to use the phone as normal.
While previously, users can force reset their iPhones by holding down on the iPhone’s power button and the home button simultaneously for 10 seconds, for iPhone 7 and 7 plus, try this instead:
- Press and hold down the power button located on the right side of the iPhone 7.
- While holding down the power button, press and hold down the Volume Down button on the left side of the iPhone 7.
- Hold down both buttons until the screen turns off. After a few seconds, the screen would come on, displaying the Apple Logo.
- Wait for your iPhone 7 to completely boot up.