YouTube is an American video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California, United States. The service was created by three former PayPal employees Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim in February 2005. In November 2006, it was bought by Google for US$1.65 billion. YouTube now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries. The site allows users to upload, view, rate, share, add to favorites, report and comment on videos, and it makes use of WebM, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, and Adobe Flash Videotechnology to display a wide variety of user-generated and corporate media videos. Available content includes video clips, TV show clips, music videos, short and documentary films, audio recordings, movie trailers and other content such as video blogging, short original videos, and educational videos.
In this article, you will be learning about How to Create a YouTube Channel and Make Money from your channel.
Create a personal channel with your name:
- Make sure you’re signed in to YouTube.
- Try any action that requires a channel, such as uploading a video, posting a comment, or creating a playlist.
- If you don’t yet have a channel, you’ll see a prompt to create a channel.
- Check the details (with your Google Account name and photo) and confirm to create your new channel.
Create a channel with a business:
- On a computer or in a mobile browser, make sure you’re signed in to YouTube.
- Go to your channel list.
- If you want to make a YouTube channel for a Brand Account that you manage, you can choose it here. Otherwise, choose Create a new channel to set up a channel with a different name than your Google Account name.
- Fill out the details to create your new channel.
Get your channel ready to earn:
- Step 1: Enable your channel for monetization.
- Step 2: Connect your YouTube channel to an AdSense account in order to earh money and get paid for your monetized videos.
- Step 3: Take a minute to get to know the kinds of videos you can monetize and the different ad formats.
- Step 4: Select “monetize with ads” for your videos and choose which ad formats and videos you want from Creator Studio app and in video manager.
- Step 5: Keep making great videos that your community loves to watch!